Farmers are the most important link of our food chain. If there are no farmers there is no food for us. No matter however advance we become, the one person who would ensure a never ending supply to this food chain is farmers. However we are advancing in technology and innovation we see farmers adopting age old practices and thus eventually go for loss in productivity.
This loss making business are making people not adopting farming as practice and moving out to other profession. They are moving from primary sector activity to a tertiary sector activity. If this pattern of migration is not stopped by improving the practices we would have surely a big loss.
There are certain business school which specializes in agro business management. These schools have designed business practices for farmers so as to increase their profitability and productivity. This study is best to be applied in practical so as our farmers who is moving into loss making business can turn it into an economical one. Normally most farmer are still using the design model which was used century back.
However there is always certain part of our budget fixed for farmers such as in irrigation, dams and loans still farming as business is a loss making one. Some steps farmers can take to make their business a profitable one are:-
- Use of organic farming is one such step. Organic products are costly and more demanded products as compared to their counterparts. The advantage of using it is that it helps in maintaining the soil quality and as such make your land more producible.
- Using cross cultivation techniques. In cross cultivation farm products are grown in such a way that the other product is complemented by the growth of current product.
- Use of new and innovative farming machineries such as tractors and sprinklers.
- Use of cooling model in community. You can have a deep freezers for keeping farm produce fresh so as they are provided to market safely.
- Check and use the loan provided by the government for your farming need.
- Use of specialized and technical workforce in farming so as to instantly increase the production of the farm and make it a profitable venture.
If farming is accepted as a good profession we will surely see many young talented people driving this in their profession. All we need is a direction and strategy.